Is zopiclone effective sleep aid for humans but fatal for dogs?
Zopiclone is a medication used to treat insomnia in humans. The brand name of Zopiclone is Zimovane. It is not sold without a prescription. Along with helping people fall asleep quicker, it also prevents waking up in the middle of the night. It is available as a pill and syrup for people who have trouble swallowing pills. The medication is sold as 3.75mg and 7.5mg pills. The 3.75mg tablets are usually administered to senior populations because this dosage has a lower strength. The weaker dose is also advised for people with liver and kidney problems. (Learn about the use of Zopiclone for dogs)
How to use Zopiclone?
Using this medication the right way will prevent side effects. Follow these basic instructions to ensure safety.
● Do not crush the tablet. Swallow it whole instead.
● Do not chew the tablet.
● The usual dosage recommendation is 2 or 3 nights weekly. However, stick to your doctor’s prescription.
● Do not take more than your recommendation if the tablet does not seem to work. It requires one hour to affect.
● If you miss a dosage, contact your doctor. Do not take an additional dose to make up for a missed one.
● Do not consume more than one tablet at a time.
● Talk to your doctor about your allergies and medical conditions before you purchase Zopiclone 7.5 mg cod online.
● Inform a healthcare professional immediately if you accidentally take an additional. Zopiclone side effects are sometimes not apparent.
● Do not drive or venture outside after you have taken Zopiclone, especially in case of an overdose, because you risk falling asleep.
● Do not consume alcohol with Zopiclone. Most medications, Zopiclone included do not react well with alcohol. If you mistakenly happen to do so, inform your doctor immediately. This combination can push you into a deep sleep and make it hard to achieve wakefulness.
Zopiclone is not suitable for some people, for example:
● Women who are trying to get pregnant, are pregnant or breastfeeding are not advised to use this medication.
● People under 18 years of age should not take this medication.
● People who have/are struggling with mental health issues like depression.
● People who have suffered from substance abuse or alcoholism in the past.
● People who suffer from myasthenia gravis, a condition responsible for muscle weakness.
● People with breathing issues.
● Patients of sleep apnea.
● Patients using several medications. Zopiclone can have an adverse, unpredictable reaction with some medications, including herbal treatments. Discuss your prescriptions with the doctor before using it.
Common zopiclone effects
● Having a lingering metallic or bitter taste in your mouth.
● Dryness in the mouth.
● Daytime sleepiness.
These are common side effects of Zopiclone. The fatal side effects are :
● Loss of memory or amnesia.
● Visual and auditory hallucinations.
● Falling, especially in the elderly population.
● Experiencing delusional thoughts.
● Sadness or depression.
● Some people have an allergic reaction to this medication called anaphylaxis.
It is crucial to know that these common or serious side effects do not manifest in everyone. The common side effects appear in 1 in 100 people. Zopiclone may harm your body when taken in abnormal quantities or methods, without making it apparent.
Remember that your body adapts to it within weeks. It is why it is recommended to be used for 2 to 4 weeks. It can help you cope with insomnia, but it does not cure it.
Is the use of Zopiclone for dogs a good idea?
As a sleep medication, people often use Zopiclone for dogs to help them with anxiety. Dogs usually get scared of fireworks or other loud noises, and people find it convenient to administer a sleeping pill on them. It is common to use Zopiclone for dogs, despite the safety issues. However, Zopiclone is manufactured to be consumed for humans, meaning it is not suitable for dogs. There are not any sleep medicines manufactured, especially for dogs. Dogs have had convulsions due to zopiclone in the past. Zopiclone is not even the first recommendation for dogs, there are much safer options to help your dog calm down/fall asleep.
Do not order zopiclone cash on delivery to feed your dog, especially without consulting a vet. A slightly higher dose of Zopiclone is harmful enough for a human to get hospitalized. Zopiclone side effects are known to manifest passively in people sometimes, the same may happen to your dog. If your dog needs a tranquilizer/sleep medication, consult a vet instead of buying over the counter medications. Mention your dog’s age and health conditions to the vet beforehand, because sleep medications, including Zopiclone, have a more pronounced effect on older and weaker populations.
Considering the number of risks Zopiclone posits on humans, it is recommended to not use zopiclone for dogs. Some medications suitable for dogs are acepromazine, diazepam, and dexmedetomidine. These medications can be ingested orally or via injections, but the administration is unadvisable without professional consultation. Just like humans, dogs exhibit some similar symptoms for different conditions. The medication best suited for dogs depends on their underlying issue. It is crucial to prevent yourself from jumping to conclusions when your dog is in distress.